You can monetize your Facebook page by:
- Affiliate advertising. Even though there are thousands of affiliates out there, affiliate advertising still works.
- Look out for competitions and win prizes. Many companies run competitions that promise money or other types of rewards. To participate in a contest like this, you usually have to share a specific post shared by the company or simply follow their Facebook page.
- Become a member of a local buying / selling group and start selling things. If you want to make money by selling things, you can always become a member of a local buy / sell group.
- Take advantage of the Facebook Marketplace. If the Facebook Marketplace is available, you should know that you can sell, buy or even shop almost anything on your site. This is an intermediary between seller and buyer. You can add pictures of your products, price and other details that potential buyers will find useful.
- Use your experience – work social media manager. Do you spend a lot of time on Facebook? Would you say that you know this platform from the inside out? If the answer to these questions is yes, you may want to consider a job as a social media manager. Obviously, you also need experience managing FB pages.
- Design and create Facebook ads. Let’s be clear, you can not make money out of thin air if you decide to use this method.
- Become an influencer. If you become established enough then companies will reach out and you can get money from promos.
- Start creating Facebook apps. With an application like this, you can make money on banner ads or by selling digital goods (extra in games, virtual gifts, etc.).
- Market and sell your e-book. To make money on Facebook with your e-book, you should simply share a link to your product. The first place you can do this is your personal account. You can also create a free Facebook page for your book or for you as an author.
- Grow your site and sell it, redo and repeat. You need to be careful with this option as there is no guarantee that you or the potential buyer will not be banned from Facebook.
- Create a store on your site and start selling goods. If you want to succeed with this method, you need to work on attracting more fans. Share engaging content, answer your fans’ questions, contact other sites, etc.
- Find a job and start making money right away. Did you know that you can use Facebook to look for job opportunities in your area or remotely?
Today, Facebook has more than one billion active users, and is one of the largest websites in the world.
Facebook contains over 50 million pages / websites, and there is a high earning potential in these various pages.
There is no doubt that Facebook is a page intended for social media, but there is also an economic aspect to the page.
Read this guide and get an idea of exactly what it takes to make money on this major social media site.
In this guide, I will showcase 12 popular ways to make money on Facebook.
- Find out how people make money on Facebook
- Learn how to avoid mistakes during this venture
- Discover lesser known options that FB offers its users
The options that help you make money via FB that I have shared here are different.
Some of them are completely free while others require some investment.
In addition, you may need to learn a few things before using any of the suggested methods.
1. Affiliate advertising still works
Even though there are thousands of affiliates out there, affiliate advertising still works.
When you have a base like Facebook where you can find millions of people, it is easier to turn some of the people who are interested in certain products into prospective customers.
So if you want to make money this way, you must first find an affiliate program.
Check the current trends and look for niches that are trendy. It would be perfect if you find a niche where the competition is not so tough.
Once you have registered and been approved, you just need to start marketing these products on FB.
You can do this in two ways.
First of all, you can do this discreetly on your personal profile.
You can share links from time to time, give reviews and ask your friends to check out (and buy) these products.
In addition, you can create a Facebook page where you can share these links.
Again, you do not need to create a special page for a particular product.
For example, you can create a fan page for dog lovers and share affiliate links that, for example, lead your fans to dog food or dog toys.
- To start this business, you need to join an affiliate program
- Use Google to find great affiliate programs
- You can market products on your personal account or fan page
2. Look out for competitions and win prizes
As I have already mentioned, Facebook is an extremely popular platform used by thousands of companies.
Many companies run competitions that promise money or other types of rewards.
To participate in a contest like this, you usually have to share a specific post shared by the company or simply follow their Facebook page.
The best part is that almost all of these contests are completely free, so all it takes to make money there is to make a few clicks.
Keep in mind that only a small number of them will offer cash, but you can expect other great prices like gift cards at Amazon, tech stuff and more.
Use FB search to look for contests like these.
- There are dozens of active competitions on FB every day
- It only takes a few clicks to become part of these contests which are usually free
- You can rarely get money this way, but there are some other attractive prices
3. Become a member of a local buying / selling group and start selling things
If you want to make money by selling things, you can always become a member of a local buy / sell group.
Some of these groups require you to be invited, so you may need to make an effort to join them.
But the great thing is that when you join a group, you can create a post about selling a product and that post can show up in other local groups even if you have not joined them.
Obviously, your post should be relevant to these groups. In any case, it’s something you can do for free.
The interesting thing is that you do not have to limit yourself to specific products.
People sell everything on FB, from old LPs to cars. Remember that each group has specific rules.
Make sure you have read the rules before you join and publish there.
- Some local buying / selling groups have thousands of members
- Facebook makes it easy for users to find relevant groups
- You can sell literally anything in these groups, but remember to follow their rules
4. Take advantage of the Facebook Marketplace
To be honest, the Facebook Marketplace works similarly to Facebook groups, but it has some differences.
This feature is available to all Facebook users, but there are some geo-restrictions, so you may want to check this before proceeding with this monetization option.
If the Facebook Marketplace is available, you should know that you can sell, buy or even shop almost anything on your site.
This is an intermediary between seller and buyer.
You can add pictures of your products, price and other details that potential buyers will find useful.
I should point out that it is not possible to sell directly via FB Marketplace directly.
You can just get customer questions and find another option to complete a transaction.
- Facebook Marketplace works in a similar way as buying / selling groups on Facebook
- You can find many potential buyers this way
- Remember that you can not sell directly from this online market
5. Use your experience – work social media manager
Do you spend a lot of time on Facebook?
Would you say that you know this platform from the inside out?
If the answer to these questions is yes, you may want to consider a job as a social media manager.
Obviously, you also need experience managing FB pages.
I have already pointed out that thousands of companies around the world use this platform to market their products and services.
Many of them are looking for social media managers who specialize in Facebook.
As a manager, you are responsible for responding to comments, sharing posts, controlling how ads perform, increasing the fan base, creating content and more.
When it comes to this method of making money, I should also mention that companies usually hire the same person to take care of the rest of their social media profiles.
In other words, it would be perfect if you have knowledge of Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other popular networks.
- People with technical knowledge focused on social media can make money this way
- You need experience with FB pages and groups
- You can make even more money if you know about other popular social media platforms
6. Design and create Facebook ads
Let’s be clear, you can not make money out of thin air if you decide to use this method.
For this method to work, you need an existing company.
In short, this approach should help you increase your sales.
In addition, you also need a website and a Facebook page.
The good thing is that it’s free to create a Facebook page.
Sure, it can be costly to invest in Facebook ads, but the good thing about these ads is that you have full control over who should look at your ads.
We’re talking about the target audience that should respond positively to your ads.
The basic idea is to get these FB users to click on the ad and be redirected to your website or page where they can ultimately buy your products or services.
- Works only if you have an established business
- You need a Facebook page and a website
- This method requires investment
7. Become an influencer
Influencer is a buzzword today and it represents something we could not find just a few decades ago.
To become an influencer, you need to create a personal page.
People become influencers in different ways, but what they all have in common is the fact that they have a large number of fans who sometimes have over 100,000 fans.
If you want to take this path to make money on Facebook, you must be an active member of this platform.
The so-called influencers usually share their thoughts and images through this platform.
For example, there are people who like to travel and they share videos and photos on their pages.
After a certain time, they become established people in this area and they comment on places, restaurants, hotels, etc.
So you, as an influencer, can be contacted by companies and asked to write about their product or service in a positive way for a certain fee.
It’s one of the easiest ways to make money on FB, but it does require a lot of preparation.
- It takes time to become an influencer
- You need to be active online almost daily
- Once you establish yourself, companies will start offering money for your public support
8. Start creating Facebook apps
Do you remember the time when Facebook apps appeared every day and when most users used these apps every day?
Times have changed and FB apps are not as popular as before, but the fact is that FB has many more users than those days.
Simply put, even with declining popularity, there are more FB apps than before.
But if you want to make money this way, you need knowledge and experience.
What I am proposing here is to make money as an app developer.
As you are probably aware, games are still quite popular on this social media platform, but you can also create other types of apps – news, weather, sports, etc.
There is always an opportunity to hire someone to develop an app for you if you think you have a good idea.
With an application like this, you can make money on banner ads or by selling digital goods (extra in games, virtual gifts, etc.).
- To make money using this method, you need to be able to develop apps
- You can also hire a developer if you have a good idea
- Banner ads and sales of virtual goods are some of the ways to make money through FB apps
9. Market and sell your e-book
Writing and publishing a book is a daunting task, but writing and selling an e-book is very easy.
This is especially true when you have Facebook on your page.
In other words, you can use this platform to market and sell your e-book.
Of course, you must first write an e-book.
Focus on the things you have experienced and things that may be of interest to other readers.
For example, do you know of a special diet that works?
Do you know how to raise a dog?
Do you have any other special knowledge or experience?
Once you have written the e-book, you have the chance to use one of the few free and secure ways to publish it.
To make money on Facebook with your e-book, you should simply share a link to your product.
The first place you can do this is your personal account.
You can also create a free Facebook page for your book or for you as an author.
Search for groups and pages where people can use your book.
- You must write an e-book
- Look for a popular theme like how to make money online
- Use Facebook pages, groups and your personal account to promote your e-book
10. Grow your site and sell it, redo and repeat
You need to be careful with this option as there is no guarantee that you or the potential buyer will not be banned from Facebook.
But the risk is more on the buyer than the seller.
There are many people who create and grow FB pages for sale.
For this method to work, it is better to focus on a specific niche.
For example, you can create a page for cars.
Many page owners use these pages to promote car parts.
To grow a FB page, you need to invest energy and time and in many cases also money.
- It is legal to buy and sell Facebook pages, but you need to be careful
- Make sure you follow FB’s terms
- Focus on a specific niche to help grow those pages
11. Create a store on your site and start selling goods
With the help of a Facebook store, you can showcase and sell your products to other FB users.
You need an established FB page to create a store like this.
There is even a specialized Shopping Template that you can use on your site.
Just follow the guide when you select the Store tab on the page and your store department will be ready in a few minutes.
You also need to fix a shopping cart so that you can link payments.
If you want to succeed with this method, you need to work on attracting more fans.
Share engaging content, answer your fans’ questions, contact other sites – these are some of the things you can do to achieve this goal.
- It’s free to create a Facebook store via your FB page
- Talk to your fans to grow your business
- This is a basic way of selling things on this platform
12. Find a job and start making money right away
Did you know that you can use Facebook to look for job opportunities in your area or remotely?
On the left side of your news feed there is a Job tab. Click on it and you get the chance to look for a job based on your location, industry or type of job.
What is even better is that you can subscribe and receive notifications when there are new job offers on FB.
The application process is simple.
You should click on Apply Now, share information through the application (education, experience – basically your CV) and click on send.
Remember that this activity is conducted discreetly, which means that your friends will not receive any notifications about your application.
Given that there are thousands of companies active on Facebook, it should not be a problem to find a decent job this way.
Some of these jobs can be linked to FB itself such as account management, writing content, etc.
- Use the Jobs section on Facebook
- Your friends will not be notified of your activities
- You can search for jobs based on your location, type of job and / or industry
As it appears in the text, there are good chances to make money on Facebook and it is something that everyone can do.
If you start a Facebook page today and start building your business, the first pennies can roll in within a couple of weeks.
The number of followers is often decisive for how well you succeed, more followers means greater opportunities to reach out.
It can be slow at first to get followers to the page, but someone who starts tipping their respective friends and it can become a viral that spreads quickly.
Before you post ads on the Facebook page, it is important that you make sure that the advertiser allows marketing on social media.
Everyone is interested in being seen on social media from that perspective. Only start collaborating with advertisers who approve this.
If you are good at social media, you can also make money on Facebook by improving other pages.
There are a number of companies that are in great need of help with theirs company pages.
If you come across a page that seems to be substandard, contact the company and offer your services.
Also check out this video I found on Youtube to help you get a better understanding about how to monetize your Facebook page.